Frequent Questions About Colonic Hydrotherapy
What Are The Benefits Of Colonic Irrigation?
|Reduce Dark Circles Under Eyes|
|Improve Skin Conditions|
|Reduce Mild Depression|
Remove Brain Fog
Whats the Difference Between Colonic Hydrotherapy and Enemas?
What is the difference between a colonic and an enema?
An enema clears approximately 1/5 of the bowel usually just sigmoid colon area.
A colonic clears the entire bowel.
During an enema, water is introduced and retained by the colon
During a colonic, water is introduced and released and this is repeated until the colon is clear.
An enema is usually infused with a herbal solution for added health benefits for example
- chamomile to relax and sooth the colon
- garlic to kill parasites
- caffeine to flush and cleans the liver
- spirilina to chelate and remove deep toxins
- Psyllium Husks to grab mucoid plaque from the walls of the colon
Very often people undergo enemas and believe they are having a colonic or colonic irrigation. At Dublin Vitality center, we recommend that enemas are introduced on an empty colon and therefore it is advised to have colonic irrigation in advance of the coffee enema.
How Should I Prepare For Colonic Hydrotherapy or Enemas?
To prepare for colonic hydrotherapy or an enema, you should do the following:
1. Fast for at least 2 hour in advance of your colonic irrigation treatment
2. Schedule your treatment on an day that you dont need to do very much. Because colonic irrigation exercises an involuntary muscle, you may feel very tired. Involuntary muscles require four times more energy than voluntary muscles.
3. Make sure you get to bed early after your colonic irrigation treatment as your body will need a good rest.
4. Prepare food which will easily move through the colon. The ideal foods to eat after colonic irrigation are vegetable soup, brown rice and vegetables, quinoa, fish and white meats.
5. Avoid the large amounts of heavy white carbohydrates such as white bread, white pasta and white rice.
6. Your colon drinks in water during the treatment so you will be very hydrated. Keep hydration levels optimal by drinking at least 2 litres of water per day. This will keep your bowel moving.
6. Consider having a food intolerance test to determine the cause of constipation, IBS and bloating.
7.You may not need to pass any matter for 2 days after your colonic irrigation treatment. This is quite normal. If the bowel does not return to normal function after this time, you may need more treatments.Since an estimated 70 – 80% of immune tissue resides in the colon, removing toxins through colonic irrigation can make a crucial difference to the treatment off cancers, heart disease and other related illnesses.
At Dublin Vitality Centre®, our colon hydrotherapists are internationally trained and registered with The International Association of Colon Hydrotherapists (IACT), which is the largest organisation in the world for the training and distribution of colonic irrigation products. Our therapists are also NURSE TRAINED and qualified in nutrition and
Is Colonic Irrigation The Same As Colonic Hydrotherapy?
Colonic irrigation simply means to irrigate or cleanse the bowel with water. That can include any method or any means. Colonic Hydrotherapy usually refers to more modern methods of cleansing the bowel by trained professionals. At Vitality Centre® Dublin, Colonic Hydrotherapy is carried out using the FDA approved Class II Medical Device commonly known as The Harley Street Method by certified colon hydrotherapists who hold advanced level IACT training.
Book Today Merrion Road 01 9018359 | Blanchardstown 01-8201602